Healthy, glowing, and hydrated skin is every woman’s desire! And for that, washing your face is something fundamental. We can’t control our breakdowns, anxieties, tensions, which is later reflected in your face by causing pimples and unhealthy skin.
But the good part is we can control them by doing something primary, which is washing the face properly. Face washing is the base of your whole skincare routine. So let’s get started to transform your skincare routine for the better!
Choose The Correct Cleanser
The initial step is picking a face wash that will suit your skin and won’t unbalance its pH level. Concerning healthy skin, you first need to decide your skin type. Since various kinds contain various methodologies.
- For Oily Skin Type: pick a gel-based or foaming cleanser on the off chance you have oily skin type. A foaming or gel-based cleanser will work better on your skin without stripping the natural oil from your face.
- For Dry Skin Type:utilize an alcohol-free hydrating face wash for dry skin type. It will reestablish your skin’s common dampness factor and keep up the pH balance.
- For Combination Skin Type: If you have mixed skin, at that point, you can utilize a face wash that won’t make your skin oily or dry. Something that will keep your face moist just as adjusted.
- Wash your hands first before hopping into your skincare schedule: Even though your hands probably won’t appear to be messy, yet there is, in every case, a few germs quietly waiting on your hands. Thus best to wash your hands before going further.
- Remove makeup: Before beginning your healthy skin plan, make a point to remove your makeup with a makeup wipe. If you go right to the routine, then what you’ll be doing is rubbing all the foundation and the rest of the makeup of your face. What’s more, nobody needs that since that is gross, right? Therefore, always remove your makeup and pull your hair back so they won’t bother.
- Apply tenderly over face and neck: Focus the product on your cheeks, forehead, and neck and don’t put any significant bearing or press hard. Just simply rub it delicately. Don’t only wash your face; your neck needs some affection too.
- Apply in a delicate circular motion: Don’t squeeze it excessively hard. Remember, your skin is exceptionally delicate. Try using a delicate roundabout movement and apply all over your face and neck.
- Rinse with lukewarm water: After completing the procedure, wash your face altogether with lukewarm water. Try not to accept that myth that cold water closes the pores.
- Pat dry with a hygiene towel: Rubbing your face can cause irritation, and in the long run, it may cause wrinkles all over. As your face is amazingly sensitive, deal with it gently.
- Apply moisturizer while your skin is as yet damp: It considers additional absorption and maximizes the active ingredients’ effects.
Mistakes that You May Make while Washing Your Face
Using scrubs too frequently:
We all want clear and baby soft skin, so the key is exfoliating. In any case, an excessive amount of exfoliating can expel the protective layer of your skin and cause more oil!
Using a harsh toner:
After cleaning, an ideal opportunity comes for a toner. But try to choose or pick non-alcoholic toner, or it cruelly drys out the skin.
Skipping on the serum:
After the toner, use a serum that is suitable for your skin type. The serum works mystically with regards to recharge your skin cells.
Forgetting about SPF:
Use an SPF to shield your skin from cruel UV beams. UV rays can cause premature aging and dangerous things, such as hyperpigmentation, just like skin cancer.
Not focusing on your skincare ingredients:
Your skin can be allergic to many ingredients. Hence don’t forget to look at the ingredient list. Better to do a patch test before applying any product for the first time.
How Many Times a Day Should You Wash Your Face?
- For Normal Skin Type: wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the night if you have normal skin. . But if you have a sweating problem, you can use it right after sweating.
- For Dry Skin Type:wash your face once a day if you have dry or sensitive skin. Too much cleansing can cause irritation.
- For Oily Skin Type: cleanse twice a day here as well. Excessive washing can strip away your moisture, and that’s what we don’t really want.
What is Double Cleansing and How to Do That?
This word may sound tricky, but the elaboration is relatively easy. It means cleaning the face twice, first with an oil-based cleanser, and secondly with a water-based foaming cleanser.
Our everyday routine leads us to many bacteria, germs, and pollutions, causing breakouts. For that, the only solution is double-cleansing.
- 1st step is using an oil-based cleanser, which will help breakdown makeup and all the excess dirt.
- 2nd step is to take a pea-sized amount of product on the dry hand and start working in a circular motion. Wash with water and jump into the next.
- 3rd step is using a water-based foaming face wash. Now take a coin-sized amount on your wet palm and again wash it in a circular motion for one minute. Then rinse with lukewarm water. Make sure the temperature to get the best results.
The best step to take care of your face is to wash it accurately. Thus you should have proper knowledge about how to wash your face correctly. Remember, you are always beautiful the way you already are. All you need is just taking care of the health of your skin.
The secret of glowing skin is being happy from within. So keep a clean heart and spread love. Don’t forget to maintain your skincare routine to protect your skin from the harsh outside world.