Find out which one is the best oil for dry hair ends
Reading the title, the first thing that might come to your head is- oils are greasy! And then you start sniffing! But don’t be quick to judge. Yes, we agree with you that hair oils can sometimes be sticky and greasy. And it might mess you up, but trust us, a little oil is essential to maintain your hair’s look. And keep it hydrated, regardless of its texture or type. But are all hair oils suitable for your hair? Definitely not.
As oil repels water, so, typically, adding oils to dry hair is more efficient. Want to get rid of your dry hair ends? And looking for the best oils for it? Then you’ve just come to the right place! Read on to know about the best oil for dry hair ends.
Our Selected 5 Best Oil for Dry Hair Ends
For your dry, damaged, stressed-out hair, Big Kizzy Thairapy Hair Oil is one of the best products and number 1 on our list. It remoisturizes the dry hair from the inside and gives a stunning look from the outside. It preserves the moisture balance in your hair and reinforces broken dry, over-processed hair. This oil is entirely made from natural oils like argan, marula, and coconut oil, so It’s 100% safe for your hair.
It’s called a booster oil because it was made to apply to your favorite conditioner the amount required for your hair condition. By hydrating from the inside out, it detangles and maintains the moisture balance of the hair. Thairapy does not involve silicone or other fillers to dilute the effectiveness of all-natural oils of these potent ones. It also helps to manage & remove frizz and also serves as a natural & powerful thermal shield.
If you wear extensions, do not use thairapy to places where the extensions touch your own natural hair. If you want the best results, use Big Kizzy’s Chemical Love Affair Conditioner to perform best.
What We Liked
- Remoisturizes the dry hair from inside out.
- Made from 100% natural oils. So It’s undoubtedly safe to use.
- As it doesn’t contain any preservatives like silicon, so a little of it goes a long way!
- Works as a healthy and efficient thermal shield.
- As no fillers are used, so a small bottle goes for a long time as It’s very concentrated.
What We Didn't Like
- May not help reduce & prevent frizz to some.
WOW Skin Science 10-in-1 Wonder Hair Oil is a full hair product with 10 excellent hair benefits that are dull, swollen, weak, lifeless, and/or dandruff-prone. It contains 10 natural and clinically validated bioactive substances. These substances are proven and known to nourish your hair and work together to revive your glorious beauty.
The WOW Skin Science range is known for enriching with premium, scientifically validated bioactive products. Like all other WOW Skin Science items, WOW Skin Science 10-in-1 Wonder Hair Oil is 100% vegan/vegetarian, free of abuse, and assured free of sulfates, parabens, and mineral oils.
It’s a combination of nutrients from Bhringraj (ayurvedic ingredient), Argan & Jojoba Oil, to improve blood circulation to the scalp to promote natural hair development. Better circulation helps encourage and nurture hair follicles.
The WOW Wonder Hair Oil leaves no sticky or greasy residue that may make the hair soft and thick. Instead, get rid of dull, tangled hair and transform it into long, soft, lustrous hair.
Straight, waved, or curly, it performs best to put the hair back to life. It’s perfect for curly hair to battle frizz and improves your formed curls. Needless to say, it’s the best oil for dry hair ends.
What We Liked
- As this hair oil is made with 10 natural bioactive ingredients, so It’s absolutely safe.
- Total hair treatment for dull, brittle, weak, lifeless, and/or dandruff-prone hair.
- Totally sulfates, parabens, and silicones free.
- Non-sticky and non-greasy.
- Strengthen hair roots, prevent split ends, provide additional silkiness, and offer rich conditioning. Removes dandruff, reduces hair loss, improves luster, and assists with moisture preservation
- Promotes natural hair development by improving blood circulation.
What We Didn't Like
- The Smell is not that nice.
- Can result in dry hair and shed hair.
Are you suffering from loose, frizzy, dry, rough, unmanageable, brittle hair? Do you have dry hair ends? Did your bleaching, coloring procedures, hot air dryers, hot irons, brutal grooming methods, synthetic additives in industrial shampoos and conditioners did damage your hair? Do you want to try regenerating, rejuvenating, restoring oil that can help you bring your hair back in order? If your answer is yes, then you’re fortunate! Au Natural Premium Organics Batana Oil will be the right hair oil for you.
Au Natural Batana oil is perfect for fixing dry and damaged hair. It offers your hair a new, beautiful glow or even reverse hair loss! Not only does this wonderful hair oil repair split ends, but it also moisturizes rough and brittle hair, soothes dizzy-wuzzi, and adds body.
There are high levels of essential fatty acids in Batana oil. This helps rebuild the hair and scalp by stimulating the follicles, delivering nourishment like no other oil. Batana oil will also help you hide your white hair! Batana oil serves as a natural pigment, and regular applications can turn the hair brownish.
What We Liked
- Moisturizes the rough and dry hair. Nourishes and repairs the damaged hairs.
- This product is very smooth, with no lumps, and the scent is very tolerable.
- Helps to rebuild hair and scalp
- Offers a beautiful and natural glow
- Great for all types of hair
What We Didn't Like
- It’s super Thick
- Some may feel irritation in the scalp.
It’s a profoundly healthy and lightweight, nourishing oil that provides vital moisture deep into the hair follicle for a smooth, silky, frizz-free mane. Clarifying grapefruit and lemon extracts eliminate impurities and nourish the hair for a more balanced, growing elasticity and reinforcing the hair from root to finish.
This fast-absorbent oil leaves no unwanted residue and is ideal for all hairstyles, including hair that has been handled with dye. Uma’s Deeply Nourishing Hair Oil is abundant in grapefruit and lemon extracts. It helps to minimize impurities and build-up the scalp and, in exchange, promote the strands’ natural growth. At the same time, it improves elasticity and increases the strength to avoid breakage and split ends.
Hibiscus and yerba de tago helps rejuvenate hair damaged by chemical therapy. Indian gooseberry and cypriol work to retain the precious pigment of strands and avoid premature graying. Grapeseed oil controls oiliness, and a combination of deep-conditioned jojoba and moringa breezes to improve shine and control frizz.
Although It’s quite expensive, this hair oil is one of the best oils for dry hair ends. This comes no. 4 in our list of the best hair oils for dry ends.
What We Liked
- Makes the hair smooth and shiny
- Repair dry scalp and helps to grow hair
- Improves shine and control frizz
- Nourish the hair for a more balanced look.
- Improves elasticity and increase the strength of strands
What We Didn't Like
- It’s expensive.
The Moroccan Gold Series Argan Oil is acquired directly from the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. The revitalizing recipe produces silky, smooth, and supple hair with a healthy, radiant shine.
The Moroccan Gold Series Argan Oil’s revolutionary ingredients prevent your hair from injury, rehabilitate dry and stressed tresses, and split ends. And make your hair stunningly shine. This argan hair oil smoothes and detangles the hair to make it more manageable. The revitalizing lightweight solution quickly absorbs and leaves no sticky or greasy traces.
It’s an excellent, great detangler and leaves the hair with the most luxurious silky feel. This hair oil moisturizes and nourishes all styles of hair. Strengthens your hair and protects against injury. As It’s crafted from Pure Argan Oil of Morocco, enriched with Keratin, It’s one of the best quality hair oil. It’s Sulphate Free, Tobacco Free, and 100% safe to use.
What We Liked
- Hydrates the hair and bring back the natural shine to all hair types
- Repairs dry and damaged strands and split ends
- Strengthens hair and prevents hair damage.
- The lightweight formula absorbs quickly and leaves no oily or greasy residue
What We Didn't Like
- Skin irritation can occur for some
- Can cause acne on the scalp.
What is Dry Hair?
If your hair lacks in sebum, then you might have dry hair. Sebum helps to keep the hair glossy and shiny. Sebum is a kind of oil produced in the glands of the body, including the scalp. Without adequate sebum, the layers of each hair strand are more susceptible to environmental harm. Hair may become dry due to repeated washing and drying, which may be a symptom of something more severe.
In short, for lack of oil in hairs, you have dry hair. Hair follicles are tied to sebaceous glands that release sebum or oil into the skin surface. And for your information, people with dry skin appear to have dry hair, too.
But reading this far, don’t start to panic! Yes, we can understand that dry hair is not the type of hair you want. But as you are reading this article so one thing for sure, you’re researching dry hair. And if you have this problem (God forbid), you can use the “best oils for dry hair ends” that we’ve mentioned above.
How to Know If You've Dry Hair or Not?- Signs of Dry Hair:
No one wants a dry, ruined scalp. I repeat, NO ONE! Not only does dry hair look messy, but it even looks rough, too – which is certainly not how you like your hair to be! But don’t panic if your strands aren’t in tip-top condition: and there are measures you can do to restrict (and even help to restore) the symptoms of damaged hair.
But here are the top signs of dry hair-
- Fragile and Sticky hair: If you have weak, inelastic, sticky hair and have hair that falls quite often, you have dry hair. Protein deficiency is one of the foremost reasons for fragile, inelastic strands.
- Non-Flexible Hair: What if your hairs are non-flexible? When you play with your hair, if your hair breaks while you try to flex it, It’s one of the signs of dry hair.
- Rough and Shaggy: Naturally, good hairs tend to be soft and shiny. But if you feel that you cannot comb your hair properly as they are rough and shaggy, then, unfortunately, you have dry hair ends.
- Split Ends: If you find you end up having any severe split ends, it’s time to get a cut. The more you postpone your cut, the poorer your hair will get, and you will have to cut off big lengths to repair hair conditions.
- Itchiness: For lack of moisture or even if you don’t clean your hair correctly, you can feel itchy in your scalp, resulting in a dry scalp. You can get rid of it by proper shampooing. But if it doesn’t help, then it can be a sign of having dry hair.
What causes dry hair ends?
Each strand has a protective layer called the cuticle that protects hair from damage. And helps maintain moisture that keeps the hair hydrated, soft and smooth—a little like a house roof shielding the internal components.
Your hair can get damaged from over-styling, environmental factors, and poor hair care habits. This allows the cuticles to rise, causing moisture to escape and leaving hair to appear rough. Let’s know about some of the causes of dry hair ends-
1. Environment: Your surrounding has a lot of influence on your health and even hair. Suppose you live in a comparatively hotter area with more sun and UV rays. In that case, your hair loses moisture, and the pigments get affected. The excessive sunlight and UV rays dry up your hair, and eventually, it results in ion dry hair.
In hot and humid summer conditions and cold winter, due to lack of moisturizer, the scalp also suffers from dehydration, and it causes dry hair.
2. Shampooing Daily: If you live in dusty and windy cities, you might think that shampooing your hair can help keep it free from pollution. But you are WRONG. Daily shampooing can lead to hair fall. Besides, it weakens the strands. And works against the natural oil produced in your skin.
3. Wrong Hair Products: All hair types are not the same, right? So why should you use random hair products in your hair? Hair products should be used based on the type of hair. And according to studies, It’s found that the main reason behind dry hair ends is due to using the wrong products. And it does severe damage to your hairs and may lead to permanent diseases. So be careful before using any random hair product.
4. Applying Heat to Hairs: It’s common in your society to use hair dryers or blowers while styling your hair. It may give a look that you want, but it damages the hair from inside and outside. Using heaters in your hair everyday drains out the natural moisture and does permanent damage. So in case if you have to use them, do with proper precautions like using heat protectants.
5. Health Problems: You won’t face hair problems only for the chemicals you use or the environment you live in. If you have health problems, if your body lacks any vital minerals or calcium, or any other hormones, it can affect your hair. Even if you tried to stop hair fall or make the dry strands right, but failed, then we recommend you to seek the help of a professional, i.e., a doctor.
How To Take Care of Dry Hair Ends
To take care of your dry hairs, follow the followings-
Stop Washing Your Hair Daily- If you have dry hair, washing so much will extract moisture from your hair, leaving your locks much more dehydrated. If you’re cleaning daily, turn to the other day. While you shower, turn to the third day. Clean as rarely as possible to keep hair moisturized.
When your roots tend to appear greasy or your hair is smooth, use a dry shampoo to suck up extra oil and add texture to your curls.
Avoid Using Hot Water- When after washing your hair, don’t use hot water. The heat will literally dry your hair, making it fragile and dehydrated. Instead, use cold water to remove the shampoo or hair washing conditioner.
Using cold water is a smart option for the final hair rinse. Not only does it close the cuticula and keep in moisture, but it also makes the hair shinier.
Use Original Hair Products- Original hair products have proven to be effective in fighting against hair fall and dry hair ends. Please, don’t use cheap products to save some bucks. Your skin, hair, beauty are priceless. So don’t just ruin them using affordable products.
Use a Leave-in Conditioner- Dry hairs lack natural moisture. To keep it moisturized and hydrated, you can use the leave-in conditioners after correctly drying it with towels. A leave-in-conditioner performs well for fine or thin hair. A cream or lotion leave-in conditioner fits well on heavy or curly hair. And for more, follow the directions on the leave-in conditioner bottle.
Use Hair Oils- Using hair oils is suitable for people with dry or close scalps without moisture. If your hair is already dry, adding hair oil will help give it a clean and shiny-natural look.
You have to choose the right hair oil according to your hair type and scalp. Remember, not all oils are suitable for all kinds of hair. There are hundreds and thousands of hair oils in the market, but we’ve noted down the 5 best oil for dry hair ends in this article. Here’s how to apply them-
- Big Kizzy Thairapy Hair Oil for Dry Damaged Hair: Take the appropriate amount in your hand, gently massage. And keep it for 20 minutes.
- WOW 10in1 Hair Oil: Apply and massage in the hair. Leave it for 30 minutes. And then rinse it with shampoo for the best result.
- Au Natural Premium Organics Batana Oil: For best results, wash hair, leave it damp a little, rub some in your hands, and put in scalp and hair, then blow-dry.
1. How to moisturize the ends of hair?
Ans: Using the watery leave-in condition is the best solution to keep the hair ends moisturized.
2. Does Vaseline help split ends?
Ans: Yes, vaselines do come in handy for treating split ends. They help to keep the moisturizer in your hair. Apply them, leave them for 1 hour, and wash them off.
3. Can you moisturize your hair with just water?
Ans: Only only water will not help to moisturize your hair. Use moisturizers to intact the moisturizer of your hair and have beautiful and shiny hair.
No matter how beautifully you dress or how gorgeous you look, dry hair can make the whole outfit look off. Dry hair can be frustrating, irritating, and can make you go mad but thankfully highly treatable. If you want to get rid of dry hair, use the oils and let us know which is the best oil for dry hair ends in the comment box. Good Luck!.l